- Log into cPanel.
- Enter the File Manager. Be sure to navigate to the root folder for the domain you are working with. If it is the primary domain, use public_html.
- Click on New File, an icon found in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Next, give the file a name. Our example will be named comingsoon.html. Click on the Create New Filebutton to complete its creation. Note this simply creates an empty file.
- Now we need to edit the empty file. Highlight the filename and then click on HTML Editor. This allows you to create the page visually, no coding needed. You can make it as fancy or simple as you wish. In our example we will make it very simple.
- Once you have designed your page, click on the Save button in the upper left of the tool bar. It appears as a floppy disk.
- Now that you have created the page, you need to set the filen ame as your default for your website. Those instructions are found in our article on How to change your default index page in .htaccess. Below is a screenshot of how the page will display on the web once that is completed.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution